2022 Fishing For A Cause benefiting Home Base
Come out and enjoy the morning air on beautiful Farm Pond in Sherborn, MA!
This event is open to everyone and is a great way to connect with people, connect to nature and support a great cause!
Farm Pond is a treasured resource within the town of Sherborn and we will all have an opportunity to enjoy everything it has to offer!
We are working to make this a fun event for the entire family, and there will be prizes!
Judged Categories Include:
- Largest fish by weight
- Longest fish
- “Farm Pond Trifecta” (catch all three during the fishing derby: Bass, Pickrel, Perch)
- 8:00 AM – Gates open and boat wash turned on
- 8:50 AM – Welcome & Opening remarks
- 9:00 AM – Fishing Opens!
- 12:00 PM – Fishing Closes & Prizes Announced
- Derby Concludes, Thank you and have a great day!
- This event is intended to be a fun and enjoyable way to support a great veterans cause. Every effort is being made to make sure we produce an enjoyable event while also supporting vets and following local guidelines.
- There is an event maximum size of 30 canoes / kayaks, we will need to adhere to this rule while also making sure canoe / kayak capacity is maximized safely.
- This event is a catch and release event, which means all fish need to be handled in a gentle manner and returned to the water quickly after judging.
- Farm Pond water clarity is a top priority for the town of Sherborn. As such, boat washing will be required before entering the pond. A boat wash will be provided at the gate. Make sure to get here early to wash your canoe/kayak and maximize your fishing time!
- All Farm Pond general rules apply. See detailed list here: (no boat permit required however)