At Home Base, we believe that when one Family member serves, the entire Family serves. Recognizing deployment and reintegration affect Families across three generations, our clinical care is available to spouses and partners, dependent children, parents, siblings, and close friends of those who have served, even when that Veteran or Service Member is not in treatment him or herself.
Home Base has launched Resilient Family, a series of free courses designed to reduce the impact of stress on Military Families through a variety of mind-body techniques, as well as skill-building exercises scientifically shown to improve medical symptoms, mood, and well-being.
Participants can expect to:
- Understand the link between stress and physical/emotional problem, and its relationship to having a family member who is a Veteran, currently serving or deployed
- Reduce physical symptoms of stress
- Appreciate the role of positive thoughts and beliefs in support of mind-body healing
- Learn how to better manage stress through new behaviors and attitudes
- Develop skill in a variety of techniques that elicit the relaxation response
- Learn the importance of health eating and physical activity to overall health and well-being.